Once you come to the end of a document it is difficult to proof read your own words and spell check won’t pick up grammatical errors. DAATS proof reading and editing services will help you present a professionally formatted, accurate publication every time. Our staff can assist with theses, reports, book manuscripts, screen-plays, websites, CVs and have worked with government and non-government organisations, professionals, individuals, authors, writers, academics and students.
Proof reading ensures that your document:
- has correct spelling
- has correct punctuation
- is consistent throughout including spelling, capitalisation, abbreviations, font, terminology and numbering
- adheres to your nominated style guidelines and formatting
- contains accurate index, referencing, bibliography and contents page.
Proof reading does not include rewriting, reviewing or rewording.
Your document is proofread using the ‘track changes’ function of Microsoft Word. Track changes allows you to easily see changes made, move between changes and accept any or all of the changes in the document.
A copy-edit is a thorough review of your draft to correct errors and to make your document more concise.
Our copy-editors will read your document to ensure:
- the meaning of each sentence is clear
- paragraphs and sentences are concise and not overly complicated
- information is logically sequenced and consistent
- word-count requirement is met.
Copy-editing does not include a substantial rewrite of your document.